15.6.16

Postcard

Read the postcard and answer the questions here.

Dear Marina,

How are you? I'm having a wonderful time in Wales. I arrived two days ago. I flew from Madrid to Cardiff and then I took a train to South Wales. The journey was long but interesting. I met some students from Toledo at the airport and we travelled together. The weather is nice today but it's going to rain tomorrow; it's very cloudy. It doesn't matter. I didn't forget my umbrella at home! When we arrived we visited Cardiff, the capital of Wales. It's beautiful with some interesting places and good shops.

Tomorrow my sister Amy and and I are going to go on an activity holiday in the Breacon Beacons. They are mountains in South Wales and they are in one of Wales' three National Parks. There are lots of things to do outdoors on the holiday. I'm going to go horse-riding in the mountains. I can't wait! I mustn't forget my boots. Amy's going to go kayaking on the River Usk, but I'm not. I hate water! We must also remember our raincoats because of the wather. Typical British weather!

Another thing we are going to do is visit National Eisteddfod of Wlaes. Eisteddfod is a Welsh word and an eisteddfod is an annual festival that celebrates Welsh culture - Welsh music, dance, theatre, literature and food. I am going to have laverbread there. It isn't bread; it's seaweed, and the Welsh sometimes eat it for breakfast. Amy isn't going to have any. She thinks it sounds revolting! But I am going to try it!

Lots of love,

Olly

1 comment:

  1. dear pablo


    how are you? arrived four day . I drive from Cordoba to logroño . the journey was short but fantastic. the wather is nice today but it s going to snowy tomorrow; don t forget wrap . Tomorrow my parents and my are going to the visit museum and an ancient castle . then go to the peak of the mountain and there esquiaremos and lunch in a bar in the vicinity. another things we are going to the paradise and festival of disfraces ,dance and sing . and and finally, we will visit the Aquarium where there are over a thousand species of fish



    see you then

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.